Are you going to a friends house for a game night or a party but do not want to ruin your keto diet?
My wife goes 2 times a month to her book club. For the most part they are all on the ketogenic lifestyle. Each one has to bring a keto snack food to share.
I made this snack a long time ago and it is the most requested keto snack food by far.
This recipe only needs 6 ingredients.
I make it at least twice a month to have whenever I feel like snacking on something that won’t take me out of ketosis.
I am from Aruba and here it is called the ” Flensje”.
- 2 eggs per (omelet)
- Himalayan salt
- canned tuna
- coconut oils for frying
- optional* you can also put small cut onions or green peppers in the tuna mix.
- tooth picks
How to make the “flensje”:
- break 2 eggs in a bowl and stir.
- Heat large frying pan and spray with coconut oil (butter will leave it to oily)
- fry the omelet as thin as possible, covering the whole bottom of the pan as you were to make a big pancake.
- Set aside omelet and cool
- in a small bowl stir together the tuna, mayonnaise and mustard (put in fridge until omelet has cooled down).
- put the cooled omelet in a flat plate and cover it with the tuna mixture.
- roll the omelet with the tuna into a large cylinder.
- place the tooth picks about 2 inches apart and cut between the tooth picks.
Well there you have it. It’s easy to make, delicious and the ingredients are commonly available in almost every kitchen.
I hope that if you do make it that you will let me know how you liked it, and also if it can be improved.
Bon apetit !!